Terms and conditions
Last update: January 2017
1) For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings: "Us/We" shall mean RBC Plumbing & Heating LTD. "You" shall mean you: the customer (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out works and/or supply materials). "Our representative" shall be the person we send to you to carry out works.
2) Hourly rate work: there is a minimum charge of 1 hour on all jobs plus materials, thereafter work is charged per half hour (minimum). The total charge to the customer will be the time spent by our representative on the job, plus all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials, plus VAT at the prevailing rate. Parts and materials collected or supplied by us will be charged at price plus 20% handling charge. No supplier invoices will be submitted to the customer under any circumstances. If upon arrival we diagnose your problem and need parts to continue work which cannot be collected on the day, our time will be chargeable of 1-hour minimum.
3) Collecting materials for a job: Collection of non- stock items is chargeable. If we do need to collect materials, we will always try to keep the time to a minimum. If collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
4) Fixed Price work. All quotes are provided free of charge and with no obligation to proceed. Estimates will include labour and materials. All estimates will be based on the information made available at the time and could be subject to change under certain circumstances and manifest errors shall be exempted. We cannot be held responsible should the time or materials required be other than what was envisaged. Estimates may need to be revised if you change the scope of the work, if there is an increase in the price of materials, or if further works turn out to be needed to do the work. If it is impossible for us to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, we will give you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not. If you decline the quote, there will be no charges payable by you. Any part payment in advance for work cannot be refunded under any circumstances. Verbal estimates are strictly subject to survey.
5) Invoices are payable immediately upon delivery to you, unless otherwise agreed in writing by us. Invoices unpaid (in total or in part) will carry interest at 4% over the company's banker's base rate while any payment remains outstanding.
6) Dates given for commencement of work are approximate only. Whilst every effort will be made to keep to a given date, work can sometimes be delayed. The client will be notified near the expected date.
7) Time Keeping: we will make every effort to attend each job at the time and date agreed with you according to our standard terms and condition of sale. However, we cannot accept any liability for either arriving late of not at all, and for the late delivery or failure to supply materials.
8) You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf the customer must allow us the necessary access to carry out the work.
9) Customers Responsibility. It is the responsibility of you, the customer to protect items of furniture, furnishings, fixings, fixtures and fittings. We will try our best not to cause any damage, it is suggested that the customer removes items that is considered to be a problem. If it remains within the working area, it is the responsibility of the customers to cover such items. Wallpaper and paint can sometimes be damaged. It is the responsibility of the customers to take any protection actions felt necessary. We will try our best to put back bath panels, flooring and cupboards etc. - areas we need to get access to. we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to these items or to the way they have been put back. If damage to plaster and brickwork is caused it is the customer’s responsibility to make good. We cannot except responsibility for any damage caused to wallpaper, paintwork, tiles, carpet, furniture etc. Any silicone work does not carry any guarantee. The customer is to obtain all necessary permission, from any landlord or local authority prior to starting the work.
10) If you instruct us to do works or buy materials and then cancel, we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
11) Guarantee. We provide a 12 month guarantee on all new installations and a 3 month guarantee on all repairs were parts have been changed / replaced. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, in writing, within the guarantee period of finishing and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You also agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us. You agree that if you do not contact us within the guarantee period we shall have no liability.
12) The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by us is: (a) Subject to misuse or negligence. (b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than our representative.
13) Materials supplied by us will be held under the manufacturer’s warranty and we cannot be held responsible for damaged of faulty materials supplied by the customer.
14) We cannot guarantee work where you order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will be given to you either orally, or in writing. Our guarantee is also void if we indicate that further works need to be carried out.
15) We cannot guarantee (because of its nature) any work to unblock waste or drainage pipes. Nor can we guarantee further damage or defects caused by work that is not fully guaranteed or where recommended further work has not been carried out. The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Corgi Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
16) We cannot guarantee work on existing installations that are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can we guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases.
17) We will only be liable for rectifying our own work and shall not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested and undertaken at that time.
18) We shall not be held liable for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
19) We shall be entitled to recover the costs or damages from any person or contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes us liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
20) We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
21) We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to choose who will represent us.
22) We reserve the right to photograph our work as it progresses.
23) Title To Goods. Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods. At any time and without notice we shall also be entitled to enter any premises in which our goods, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonably believed to be so. We shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods. However, the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
24) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
25) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.